DuraMist DC Nebulizer 1mL/min
Glass Expansion Part Number: A13-1-DM1X
Suitable for the Following Instruments:
- Agilent (HP) | ICP-MS | 7900
- Agilent (HP) | ICP-MS | 7700 / 8800
- Agilent (HP) | ICP-MS | 8900
DuraMist High Performance Inert Nebulizer
The DuraMist concentric nebulizer is the most economical nebulizer for high precision analyses involving samples digested in HF.*
- Material: HF Resistant PEEK
- High physical reproducibility ~ 2%
- High tolerance to particulates, up to 75µm depending on uptake
- TDS tolerance, typically up to 30%
- Low RSD's due to concentric geometry
- Uses only standard ICP argon supply pressures
- Standard 6mm size fits standard cyclonic spray chambers. Adaptors are available for Scott type spray chambers
- Standard available uptakes: 0.4 and 1.0ml/min
DuraMists with sample uptakes 0.4 and 1.0ml/min are supplied with 1 x NFT-050, UniFit Connector with 1.3mm OD x 0.50mm ID x 700mm long sample tubing.
The DuraMist nebulizer is recommended for samples containing up to 5% HF. For samples with higher concentrations of HF, we recommend the OpalMist PFA nebulizer.
The DuraMist™ is a HF-resistant nebulizer, providing excellent sensitivity and precision at an affordable price. The DuraMist is a concentric, self-aspirating nebulizer and is compatible with all ICP models. And its ability to run samples with up to 30% total dissolved solids without blockage make it effectively a universal nebulizer.
The strength and rigidity of the PEEK material allows the DuraMist to be manufactured to very tight tolerances, enabling it to closely match the SeaSpray, the worldwide market-leading high performance glass nebulizer. A comparison of the DuraMist with the SeaSpray showed that the DuraMist gave similar performance.
Benefits of DuraMist:
- Inert material - Made from PEEK and it can tolerate a wide variety of acids including HF.*
- High sensitivity and excellent precision - Due to concentric design and rigid construction.
- High tolerance to dissolved solids - (Typically up to 30%) due to smooth surface of capillary and nebulizer tip.
- High physical reproducibility - minimal nebulizer to nebulizer variability so that changing nebulizers does not change your analytical performance.
Direct Connection (DC) Nebulizer
The Glass Expansion DC (Direct Connection) nebulizer has a UniFit sample connector which slides easily over the sample arm and an argon gas connector configured to connect directly to your ICP.
The benefits of the DC nebulizer are:
- Inert metal-free argon gas connector.
- Instrument-specific Direct Connect flexible argon gas line.
- Reliable ratchet fitting ensures leak-free argon gas connection.
The DC nebulizer shares the following benefits with the U-Series nebulizer:
- Resists blockage - The sample channel is uniform from the entry point to the tip, so there is nowhere for particulates to be trapped.
- Fast washout - Since there is nowhere for sample to be trapped, the fastest possible washout and highest sample throughput is achieved.
- Simple to use - Glass Expansion's proprietary UniFit connector slides easily over the sample arm and creates an excellent seal.
- Full length VitriCone™ construction - With the VitriCone™ design, the sample channel is constructed from heavy glass capillary, which is machined to very high tolerances.
DC versions of the SeaSpray, MicroMist, Conikal, Slurry, DuraMist, OpalMist and VeeSpray nebulizers are available to suit the most common models of ICP-OES and ICP-MS. The DC nebulizer part number has a prefix specific to each type of gas connector. For example, the prefix “A13-” denotes a connector for the Agilent® 5100 / 5110 / 5800 / 5900 ICP-OES, so part number A13-07- USS2 is a SeaSpray nebulizer configured for direct connection to the Agilent® 5100 / 5110 / 5800 / 5900.
- Model: A13-1-DM1X
- Manufactured by: Glass Expansion