OpalMist DC Nebulizer 0.05mL/min
Glass Expansion Part Number: A14-07-PFA005
- NFT-025 UniFit Connector with 0.25mm ID x 1.3mm OD x 700mm long tubing (1 piece)
- 70-803-0911 Ratchet EzyLok Connector (Obsolete - replaced by 70-803-1105 Gas Fitting with Ratchet Nebulizer Connector)
The OpalMist Nebulizer
The OpalMistTM PFA concentric nebulizer is the nebulizer of choice for high precision analyses requiring the highest chemical resistancy to HF, alkalis and organics. The high purity PFA construction makes it ideal for ultra-trace ICP-MS work.
When carrying out ultra-trace analysis, especially by ICP-MS, the risk of contamination must be minimized. The high purity of the PFA material used to make the OpalMist nebulizer provides the exceptionally low background necessary for ultra-trace determinations.
Highly Corrosive Samples
The totally inert construction of the OpalMist PFA nebulizer enables it to easily handle even the most corrosive samples, such as those containing high levels of hydrofluoric acid (HF) or reactive organic solvents. The OpalMist is also capable of aspirating high concentrations of dissolved solids (typically up to 15%) without clogging. This makes the OpalMist the ideal nebulizer to handle geochemical samples which are typically dissolved in HF and are high in dissolved solids.
Other features of the OpalMist include:
- Excellent sensitivity – the small mean droplet size of the OpalMist increases transport efficiency without increasing noise.
- Excellent precision and long-term stability.
- Strong and consistent self-aspiration – available with natural uptake rates of 0.01, 0.05, 0.1,0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1 and 2mL/min. Self-aspiration eliminates the need for peristaltic pump tubing, a potential source of contamination.
- Suitable for all ICP-MS and ICP-OES models.
- The exacting quality and reproducibility standards you have come to expect from Glass Expansion.
Direct Connection (DC) Nebulizer
The Glass Expansion DC (Direct Connection) nebulizer has a UniFit sample connector which slides easily over the sample arm and an argon gas connector configured to connect directly to your ICP.
The benefits of the DC nebulizer are:
- Inert metal-free argon gas connector.
- Instrument-specific Direct Connect flexible argon gas line.
- Reliable ratchet fitting ensures leak-free argon gas connection.
The DC nebulizer shares the following benefits with the U-Series nebulizer:
- Resists blockage - The sample channel is uniform from the entry point to the tip, so there is nowhere for particulates to be trapped.
- Fast washout - Since there is nowhere for sample to be trapped, the fastest possible washout and highest sample throughput is achieved.
- Simple to use - Glass Expansion's proprietary UniFit connector slides easily over the sample arm and creates an excellent seal.
- Full length VitriCone™ construction - With the VitriCone™ design, the sample channel is constructed from heavy glass capillary, which is machined to very high tolerances.
DC versions of the SeaSpray, MicroMist, Conikal, Slurry, DuraMist, OpalMist and VeeSpray nebulizers are available to suit the most common models of ICP-OES and ICP-MS. The DC nebulizer part number has a prefix specific to each type of gas connector. For example, the prefix “A13-” denotes a connector for the Agilent® 5100 / 5110 / 5800 / 5900 ICP-OES, so part number A13-07- USS2 is a SeaSpray nebulizer configured for direct connection to the Agilent® 5100 / 5110 / 5800 / 5900.
- Model: A14-07-PFA005
- Manufactured by: Glass Expansion