HydraMist - Simultaneous Cold Vapor / Pneumatic Nebulization Spray Chamber
The Glass Expansion HydraMist is a sensitive, simple-to-use spray chamber for Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) that allows simultaneous operation of both conventional pneumatic nebulization and cold-vapor/hydride generation. Cold vapor generation can provide more than 10-fold improvement in sensitivity on ICP for cold vapor forming elements such As, Sb, Se, Tl and Hg. The generation of volatile species of these elements results in increased analyte loading of the analytical plasma giving lower detection limits.
The design of the HydraMist spray chamber is based upon Glass Expansion’s industry-standard cyclonic spray chamber, giving excellent sensitivity and short-term analytical precision with fast washout. The HydraMist spray chamber features a secondary inlet port that mixes the aerosolized sample and liquid reductant inside the spray chamber for rapid conversion of the As, Sb, Se, Tl and Hg analytes into volatile hydride species. The unique drain design ensures fast, complete removal of waste from the spray chamber, eliminating excess hydrogen build-up that causes sample reflux degrading analytical precision.
The HydraMist spray chamber features:
- The same outstanding short-term analytical precision and washout as other Glass Expansion cyclonic spray chambers
- Fast and complete vapor phase formation of volatile As, Se, Sb, Tl and Hg species for the best detection limits in hydride generation mode
- A unique drain design to eliminate hydrogen build-up and sample reflux that degrades short-term precision
- Economic, just replace your current spray chamber and keep your existing nebulizer
- Improve productivity by analysing non-hydride forming elements and cold vapor elements simultaneously, avoiding system shutdowns to change over between the hydride generator accessory and conventional pneumatic nebulization