GC Micropacked Columns
Analytical Column for Gas Chromatography Applications
Conventional packed columns consist of tubes with inner diameters of 2-4 mm and lengths of 0.5-6 m, and which are packed with supports comprised of stationary phases coated with liquid phases. With changes in analytical trends, many varieties of packed columns have been replaced with capillary columns. However, because gaseous samples occupy large volumes and easily diffuse at room temperature, there are still a large number of unfavorable factors preventing a complete switch to capillary columns, with the result that many analyses of these kinds of samples still rely on packed columns. The MICROPACKED ST column was developed to be used in the same manner as capillary columns, as well as provide increased sample loading capacities.
- Base line separation of H2, O2 and N2 can be achieved in isothermal analysis using capillary GC system.
- Packed with Molecular Sieve 5A.
- The presence of special filter prevents the contamination of detectors from packing material
- MICROPACKED ST columns are packed with SHINCARBON ST.
- Can be used to analyze permanent gases using capillary GC systems.
- Can be used in GC/MS systems.
- Are capable of separating permanent gases (including CO and CO2) at room temperature and above (cooling systems are not required).
- Columns are not affected by gaseous samples containing water vapor (water is not eluted as a peak).
- MICROPACKED ST columns boast larger sample capacities than PLOT capillary columns, and possess higher levels of column efficiency in comparison with conventional packed columns.
- Higher levels of column efficiency in comparison with conventional packed columns enable shorter analysis times.
- The support used in these columns possesses superior heat resistance (maximum operating temperature: 330?), and is rapidly equilibrating.
- Packing material: SHINCARBON ST 80/100 mesh
- Column dimensions: 2.0 m × 1.27 mm O.D. × 1.0 mm I.D. SUS
- Connection tubes: 0.5 m × 0.52 mm O.D. × 0.30 mm I.D. SUS
- Maximum operating temperature: 330?
* Please be aware that column specifications may be changed without prior notification in order to implement improvements.