Main characteristics for SuperHZ-type columns are:
- TSKgel SuperHZ columns have been developed for High Throughput, High Efficiency GPC applications such as those encountered in combinatorial chemistry experiments.
- Ultra-low sample adsorption, i.e., the columns show true size exclusion behavior for most polymers
- Maximum operating temperature for TSKgel SuperHZ-type columns is 60°C for TSKgel SuperHZ1000, SuperHZ2000, SuperHZ2500 and SuperHZ3000, and 80°C for the remaining columns in the product line. See TSKgel SuperH-type columns for operating temperatures of 140°C.
- Limited solvent range. The columns are shipped in THF, which can be exchanged for a limited number of organic solvents as shown below.
Beware of extra-column bandbroadening
Column dimensions are 6 mm ID x 15 cm L and 4.6 mm ID x 15 cm L versus 7.8 mm ID x 30 cm L for conventional GPC columns. The smaller column dimensions translate to a reduction of peak volume by a factor of 3.4 (6 mm ID) and a factor of 5.8 (4.6 mm ID) versus the same component eluting from a corresponding TSKgel Hxl column. Thus, your HPLC system may require optimization of components that can give rise to extra-column bandbroadening, such as connecting tubing, injector, injection volume, detector cell volume, and detector time constant.
- Model: 19303
- Manufactured by: Tosoh BioScience